Fight for your right! I am continually amazed and inspired to live in such a generous community. Watch here for my few, but locally charitable contributions. Any suggestions? Let us know!
- October 2018 – Donated funds raised by Glacial Naturals’ fifth annual Fall Festival Artisan Market to help our local watershed through the Tayia Inlet Watershed Council.
- July 2018- Our local Garden City Market Committee (of which I am a member 🙂 donated one of our custom printed cotton tote bag filled with treats, made by each committee member, to the Little Dippers Silent Auction. To support our local seasonal childcare facility. (It turns to Big Dippers in the winter to support our local seniors!)
- May 2018- Another “Becoming an Outdoor Woman” silent auction donation of a travel essentials kit of dirty girls perfume oil, bug dope spray and candle, lavender lip balm. I am grateful to be able to continue to support this cool event.
- April 2018- Donated lip balms and stains to gift baskets for members of the Elks Club Conference 2018 as a thanks for all they do to support our community.
- October 2017- Donated funds raised by Glacial Naturals’ fourth annual Fall Festival Artisan Market to replenish our local organic “Seed Swap” bank of seeds. It encourages local gardeners to save and trade seeds to get an ever more organic and “local” garden.
- March 2017- “Becoming an Outdoor Woman” silent auction donation of a travel essentials kit of perfume oil, bug dope spray and candle, lip balm, & serum. It is such a cool event, and I was so excited to discover it when they requested a donation last year.
- Spring 2017- Donated a silent auction item to the annual ATIA fundraiser to support tourism in Skagway.
- October 2016- Donated funds raised by Glacial Naturals’ third annual Fall Festival Artisan Market to support Lance Mackey on his continuing Iditarod dreams.
- Spring 2016- Taught a course in natural product manufacturing for high school students taking part in the travelling Alaska Art Fest. So much fun with such eager students!
- Ongoing- Donated a few care packages to some friends in need; like weaver Clarissa Rizal and musher Lance Mackey, and a few others that are not so well known… I love and miss you all.
- October 2015- Donated funds raised by Glacial Naturals’ second annual Fall Festival Artisan Market to support a local aspiring Junior Iditarod racer, Denver Evans.
- June 2015- GN donated bug dope spray and candle for a prize during the annual, and one of my favorites, the Pat Moore Salmon Derby put on by the Taiya Inlet Watershed Council.
- GN just happily donated an Alaskan Rainforest Soy Wax Candle and a Dirty Girls Perfume Oil to the Raven’s Ball silent auction in Anchorage, AK, Saturday March 21, 2015. The 8th annual Gala supports the Health Alaska Natives Foundation (HANF) to raise awareness and funding initiatives to improve the health and wellness of the Alaska Native community. Check out the gala website here: HANF Raven’s Ball
- 2014- Glacial Naturals is now a proud supporter of our local Taiya Inlet Watershed Council. They are a non-profit organization that has taken charge of our local watershed to ensure healthy flora and fauna (like salmon and dolly vardens) for generations to come. We could not be happier to partner with them in their quest to ensure our community’s future health and sustainability. Their mission: The Taiya Inlet Watershed Council is a community partnership working to protect and improve the health of the watershed through education, communication, research and restoration.
- Glacial Naturals is purchasing the theater rental and volunteering some time for the TIWC’s upcoming fundraiser; the Wild and Scenic Film Festival on December 18th at 7pm. It would be great to see you there!
- October 2014- Donated funds raised by Glacial Naturals’ first annual Fall Festival Artisan Market to the local Eagles aerie to support them in their ongoing community service.
- Glacial Naturals has donated products throughout the last few years for various fundraisers around town.